Thursday, March 5, 2009

What To Expect When Your Wife Is Expecting

I've been reading the "What To Expect When You're Expecting" series lately.  When I was still single, I thought these books were simply informative and, well,  cute.  I did not even remotely think that I was going to read up on the series.  There is the original "What To Expect When You're Expecting" and a host of other books that complements the original like, "What To Eat When You're Expecting". While these books also discussed the participation of the fathers in the pregnancy and birth, it was all just discussed in passing in an Oh-by-the-way fashion.
I thought it'd be nice if they also wrote for the father and concentrated a little bit more on their needs and anxieties.  I know. You may already be protesting and saying "but you're not the one who's carrying the baby and not the one who will give birth!" True but I thought these books would be nice for us fathers too. Here goes:
  1. What Not To Expect When She's Expecting (hmmm...).
  2. What Not To Eat When She's Expecting.
  3. What Not To Say When She's Expecting. (How to be nice even if she can't be.). 
  4. What Not To Do When She's Expecting. 
  5. What Not To Watch On TV When She's Expecting.
  6. What Not To Have Her Smell When She's Expecting. (Lest you get pushed away.).
  7. How Not To Vomit When She's Vomiting. 
  8. How To Try Not To Snore While Asleep When She's Expecting. 
  9. How Not To Move Too Much When You're Beside You're Wife Who's Expecting. 
  10. How To Prepare Food At 3 AM While Half-Asleep When She's Expecting. 
  11. How To Hunt For Hard To Find Foods When She's Expecting. 
  12. How To Sing  Lullabies To A Big Tummy. 
There's plenty more book titles I'm sure. I'll have more new titles soon.  Feel free to add.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Thanks for visiting my blog! Will link you up if you care for a link exchange? You can create your own link by clicking on Customize, then Page elements , then add gadget, then choose blog list. just add the addresses of the blogs you like! Thanks!

danny o. said...

How about

"Where not to be when your wife is expecting you to be somewhere else?"