Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Cutie TV


I've been married for 8 great months.

The best time of my life and just getting better each and every day.

I believe there comes a time when a married man misses some things like people or activities he enjoyed while still enjoying single blessedness. Some miss staying up and out late, downing alcohol like there was no tomorrow, serial dating a bevy of women, and i daresay some miss an ex-girlfriend. There is just a whole new definition of freedom as a bachelor knows it.

While I celebrate the great fortune of being united in matrimony with the greatest woman I know, I also miss some things...

Well... actually...honestly... just one thing really. I miss my TV remote. It's been sequestered. Owned. The favorite channels feature had been changed. It's been taken over by a new master who prefers The Bachelor and Next Top Model over The Man Show and MAD TV.

I did not see this coming. I must take action. I need my toilet humor, slapstick, fear factor, adrenalin rush TV show!

I must admit though that I like the sight of her while she smiles and giggles over the cutie cutie girls swooning over the androgynous-looking (read: queer) bachelor dude. Her belly laugh is just priceless and music to my ears. It can really put me on a relaxed mode. Her enjoyment somehow tells me all is well in the world. I just need to find it in my heart to like Tyra Banks and her hilarious sidekick Benny Ninja.

When she reads this blog. I hope she'll take pity on me and buy me my own 40-inch flat screen TV with 4 channel PIP and sensurround peripherals and all the shebang that goes with it. Right...That's my game plan. Wish me luck.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love it..it reminds me of something very familiar in our SALA.. hahaha you have the same sentiments as my husband.... I know how he misses HOUSE, the undying national geographic and action movies on HBO.... I am always running first on our remote.... I feel guilty on this.... Gen