Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Positivity

I’m new to this blogging thing. My wife told me I should start blogging. Blogging. The first time I heard the word I thought it was a funny sound effect from the Cartoon Network. She was nice enough to explain it to me while she suppressed her laughter. Blog…

Now what of it? What should I write, I asked her. Before she could suggest anything, I proudly said: “I’ll write about how I hate Philippine TV personalities who see themselves as God’s gift to social climbers; those top dog social climbers / parasites with a messianic complex and a megalomanic streak!”. She breathed a sigh of exasperation while she stared at me as if I was up to no good. I told her: “I could do that but you worry about me whenever I diss the likes of Boy, Tim, Willy, Cristy, Kris, Jobert et al.” My loving wife feels I might either get cancer or a myocardial infarction from all the angry writing. She’s right… and writing about them won’t change the reality that they have more money than the average Juan dela Cruz. Write about current events? Just as stressful. I’d rather walk my dog.

She finally suggested that I write about positive topics, good news, feel-good stories. I said: “I can do that!” and so I shall.

I hope my wife will like the layout I chose. She loves to travel. I promised her I’d take her to Greece someday soon. She’s my number one fan… and critic.

I’ll just create another anonymous blog account to diss TV personalities whom I dislike…not hate. Hate is too strong a word. None of them deserve that much credit. Hang on, I’ll just check my blood pressure.




No comments: