Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Things that make you go Hmmm....

This is a short post.

I came across this article while I was writing my blog about Rizal's beach house in Dapitan, Zamboanga del Norte. Might I interest you in a good laugh or an intriguing tongue-in-cheek possibility?

You decide if it was just lost in translation. Sorry, I couldn't resist...

An entry discovered on Jose Rizal's diary written in either Tagalog or Spanish, 1 MAY to 16 JUNE 1882


[Aboard the
Salvadora] 2nd day of my sailing -- [Thursday] -- 4 May

"A Spanish gentleman is traveling with us. He has a beard, eye-glasses, and wrinkled brow; he is tall, well dressed, and uncommunicative. Now and then he speaks to me. Despite his look, he is charming to me."


I'm conflicted. Should this be funny? Hmmmm....

Hmmmm....



No comments: