Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas Rush

I'll say it straight away. Christmas shopping is an overrated activity. I think it's a marketing ploy hatched by the evil geniuses of the tycoons who own the various gynormous malls. Who on earth would enjoy...?:
  1. Walking like a cheap battery-operated robot taking hilariously small steps because of all the people you have to elbow and shove for proper positioning in the tight bargain aisles.
  2. Smelling a cacophony of odors (i.e. body odor, and plastic and leather from China).
  3. Carry 5 shopping bags (one for each finger) on both hands, 2 shopping sling bags on both shoulders, and 1 medium-weight shopping bag on your mouth (like a dog playing fetch).
  4. Asking "How much?" or "Tawad naman" a gazillion times.
  5. Waiting for your wife to pick THE ONE right color of fabric from among billions.
  6. Inquiring in broken Tagalog from Chinese nationals who are probably illegal aliens.
  7. Competing for parking space.
  8. Waking up at 5am to get there by 7am.
I expressed my lack of interest when my wife asked me to go with her to Divisoria. I complained and told her about everything from the abovementioned. She then said: "I'll feed you at Waiying. Siomai, siopao, and Hakaw (Shrimp dimsum)...all you can eat!" Like a golden retriever hypnotized by a wet tennis ball, she made me say yes! Shyet!
But hey, I think it's worth it. Food at Waiying is worth a salivatory blog. I'll take pictures.

No comments: