Saturday, December 27, 2008

Enjoying the munchies

I've probably packed on 2 pounds in 5 days. At that rate, I could really get rotund before the first trimester of my wife's pregnancy ends. Sure, there was the noche buena dinner(s) and the dessert(s) that goes with them. Not to mention the left over meal(s) that are obligatory to consume to make sure there are no wasted food items. Also, I make sure that there is enough space in the refrigerator for new food stuffs that need refrigeration. Hence, I had to eat all the leftovers (the still good ones and the about-to-turn-bad items). I'm a dutiful husband, homeowner, and cook. My wife, for a month now, has the munchies. It's characteristic of pregnant women going through their first trimester. Everything and anything she craves for I have to eat, too. Of course, I need to taste them first. Then if she can't finish them, I come to the rescue. Hence, I have the munchies, too. I can't say I'm not enjoying it. I'm loving every minute of this. I have 2 options:
  1. Run 3 miles a day and lose my progressively protruding gut while controlling the munchies.
  2. Keep eating till I pack on enough pounds (and get launched to the sky as a new planet) and empathize with my wife's equally progressing tummy size.
I'll definitely take option 1... in January 3, 2009. For now, I've to finish the Christmas leftovers and the coming New Year's leftovers from media noche. Try the Sans Rival! Life is good.

No comments: