Thursday, December 4, 2008

Yes, Dear!

My wife and I will be attending a binyag (baptism) on Sunday. Though I was not asked to be the ninong (godfather), I'm technically the baby's ninong since my wife was asked to be the official ninang. Of course, there'll be the usual reception lunch after the baptism. Fine food will be served in the company of good friends. It's going to be great and I'm sure it will be perfect. Riiiight...

I have one small problem though. Sunday morning, Manila time is Pacquiao-Dela Hoya fight night in Vegas! For sure, I'll be fidgety... and so will the other ninongs and male attendees. I bet the priest will be restless, too. The parish probably paid for pay-per-view in the church's multi-purpose hall.

Baptism ceremony is at 9am. Same time as the bell for round 1 will clang. I'm guessing husbands will either be late or not show up entirely.

I asked my wife: "Can I not go?" She looked at me expressionless. "You can bring the car", I continued, trying to be cute. She smiled at me. The kind of smile that only involved the lip and cheek muscles. I gave a nervous chuckle while she stared with her contrived smile. Awkward silence..."Just kidding", I said. "Have you bought our gift?" I laugh nervously. Then she gave me her sweetest most sincere hug...and smile.

I called my nephew and asked: "Can you record the fight?...And can I borrow your Phone with the TV?"


1 comment:

Ziggy said...

Nice move! Its like dodging a left hook from Manny. If you dont listen to the wife your bound to get a beating. Pacquiao style!